BID Create Fund 2023
The Create Fund has been launched for March 2023. Please take time to read through the guidance documents linked above. If you have any questions please get in contact (email@example.com) .
Applications deadline is Friday 31st March 2023 at 5pm.
The Business Improvement District (BID) has set aside £15,000 per financial year to contribute towards a selection of creative and innovative events and new project ideas that will have a positive impact in the BID area. An allocation of £5,000 has been set aside from each of the BID’s delivery streams: Connecting, Imagining, Invigorating.
All projects submitted must align with the BID’s strategic aims and will be assessed against these aims when the applications for funding are awarded. Applications will only be accepted from those adding extension/additionality to existing projects that now need to grow and develop. The applicant must present the ‘extension/additionality to their existing project’ within their application.
Funding applications must not exceed £5,000, applications exceeding this will be rejected.
On computers right click and select "download linked file" on the headings to download application forms and criteria information.
- Do you have an idea or project that intends to drive footfall and increase footfall in Colchester town centre?
- Do you have a town centre project that requires grant funding to help deliver it?
- Does your project match the aspiration of the BID’s business plans?
- Do you have an action plan for your project with timeline and metrics?
- Are you a trading business?
- Is your application to provide an extension/additionally to an existing project?
- How is the rest of the project being funded?
Please also note, the BID has to be able to show Return on Investment to its levy payers. Therefore, any publicity about the activity would need to include suitable coverage about the BID’s input. All successful applications would be publicised by the BID through areas such as press releases and other avenues, therefore those applying must acknowledge this in advance.
Who can apply?
Community groups, associations and organisations who have a good idea for a town centre project or event but need a small amount of revenue funding to develop, test and launch their activity can apply.
To be eligible for the Our Colchester Create Fund, you must:
- Be providing an event/project/initiative aimed at improving, enhancing the Colchester town centre.
- Be based in England.
- Be a registered organisation, not an individual.
- Ensure your idea is for the town centre benefit.
- Be able to at least match fund the amount requested of the BID and this needs to be evidenced in the project action plan.
Eligible organisation types:
- Limited Companies.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) registered with the CIC regulator.
- Limited liability partnerships registered at companies house.
- Partnerships established under a partnership deed/agreement.
- Community benefit and co-operative societies registered with the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs) registered with the Charity Commission.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please read the 'Create Fund' fund document and guidance notes to see if you fit the criteria for this funding.
- If you feel as though you pass the criteria, please continue to complete the application form provided.
- Once you have completed the application form, please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation email letting you know we have received your application.
A panel, made up from BID Board and BID Advisory Group members, will discuss each application and make a decision as to which applications have been successful. We look forward to receiving your application for this fund.
Age Concern Colchester
ORGANISATIONS THAT HAVE HAD SUCCESSFUL APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR CREATE FUND
- Colchester Pride event 2019
- Invasion Colchester event 2019
- Castle Park Theatre event 2020
- Colchester Arts Centre's Stand up Comedy in the Park 2020
- Colchester Carnival event 2019
- AGE Concern's Friendship Garden 2019
- Happy Days Photography's Professional Headshot project 2021
- Culver Square Shopping Centre's Christmas Castle 2020
- Colchester Digital Annual Conference
Colchester Carnival Testimonial
The Colchester Carnival Committee was principally established by a team of Colchester Firefighters and a few previous organisers and persons with events experience, who had the vision to want to restore the Colchester Carnival back to the 2019 events calendar for our town. Despite the depth of knowledge and ambition the Committee had, we had time and event-specific information against us. This was a major barrier to achieving the level of sponsorship we ideally wanted and needed to stand alone in restoring the Carnival to the town in time for the September deadline. What we had achieved was to restore the enthusiasm and engagement in the event throughout local businesses, charities, clubs, associations and the emergency services who all serve Colchester Town Centre. Luckily for the 2019 Carnival, the Create Fund was established and opened in time to allow us the opportunity to apply. We were extremely fortunate to obtain the level of support we needed to ensure the Carnival took place and was a great success.
The Colchester Carnival Committee would like to formally thank the Create Fund team for backing the 2019 Carnival and helping to ensure it was once again returned to the town. Without the Create Fund there would have been a real possibility that the event would not have taken place at all. The Create Fund is incredibly helpful to the success of the Town Centre and in supporting voluntary groups who strive to put on events which promote the town centre and increase footfall which in turn benefits the traders and businesses.