STREET AMBASSADOR – OUR COLCHESTER
Job Type: Full time,
To provide a street-based, proactive, customer service orientated ambassadorial service on behalf of Our Colchester’s BID.
Our Colchester was successfully voted in by businesses in June 2018. More details can be found at www.ourcolchester.co.uk
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaising with businesses in the town centre, building relationships, communicating relevant information and handling/escalating their enquiries as appropriate.
- To be an Ambassador for the town centre and communicate with members of the public to provide directions and advice and be a proactive, welcoming presence.
- To have effective interaction with partnership organisations e.g. Essex Police, Colchester Council.
- To maintain regular contact with BID levy payers and relay any pertinent information to the BID management.
- To accurately reflect the BIDs values and service and to be aware of the BID’s activities and special events.
- To present a warm welcome and a positive view of the town centre to its visitors.
- To keep up to date with and provide visitors with accurate information about the town centre.
- To carry out specific liaison duties as required by the BID management or its partners as requested by BID management.
- To forge relationships with town centre partners and pass on relevant information for action, e.g. health and safety issues, graffiti, failed street lights, ‘sharps’, etc.
- To make BID management aware of any leisure or retail venue openings or closures within the BID area.
- To carry out ad hoc tasks such as conducting surveys, to enable the BID’s KPIs to be monitored.
- To promote responsible citizenship in respect of litter, graffiti and related issues.
- To contribute to the provision of an extensive and daily presence around the town (and outskirts that fall within the BID area) in all weathers to maximise contact with businesses in the area. This presence should aid impromptu communication with businesses and members of the public.
- Assistance in the reduction of business crime, thus improving the perception of the town centre as a safe place in which to be.
- Assistance with the exclusion notice scheme in the town centre.
- To maintain and grow the relationships with levy payers and other town centre businesses.
- Use of appropriate tools and equipment, including security radios.
- To provide a supervisory and line management role for apprenticeships, volunteers and other trainee or voluntary support to the Street Ambassadors scheme.
- Strict attention to personal responsibilities in the areas of risk management and health, safety and welfare, both in terms of self and others.
- Distribution of literature on behalf of the BID as required.
- Adherence at all times to Company training procedures and protocols subject to level of attainment.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures as set out in the Staff Handbook.
- Adherence to the uniform policy and adherence to the company’s general dress code.
Skills, Experience and Abilities
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a busy customer service environment, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage own busy workload and co-ordinate/task others within the service.
- Ability to follow procedures and policies and to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective listening and observational skills with an ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters on occasion.
- A passion for Colchester.
- Ability to work with equality, integrity and fairness in dealing with customers, businesses and team members.
- Confidence in recording information and producing written reports/responses as required using Microsoft Office and other systems provided.
- To be available and undertake training and other supervisory duties as required by the post.
- Welcoming, helpful and polite
- Resourceful and proactive
- Reliable, honest
- Appetite for learning
- Happy to “go the extra mile”
The role is permanent and full time, working on a shift pattern of 40 hours per week within agreed hours.
Colchester Town Centre
Candidates will be required to hold Front Line SIA licence or be eligible and willing to gain a Front Line SIA license. They must be eligible to work in the UK and will undergo pre-employment, medical and references check. They may be required to undergo appropriate vetting for the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) and Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com